As it turns out…
One of my posts was hacked. It’s not clear to me at this stage if it was the result of a
WordPress Exploit, or other content that I had linked to, but there was an embedded no-script tag that was attempting to link in an i frame from some not-so-good place.
Having removed that, this site now loads about 357 times faster.
I follows up using Google’s tools for webmasters and asked to have my site reviewed. Again I asked for them to please clarify what it was that they didn’t like.
Of course I didn’t get a response, but searches today show that they have removed the warning.
Thanks again Google