Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. – Dr. Seuss
Usually they are meant to inspire. Some do some don’t. As I bump into worthy quotes, good, humorous or what not I’ll post them here.
“A vision without the ability to execute is a hallucination.” – AOL’s Steve Case
“Great firms don’t try to be good at everything, they choose where to dominate the competition.” – R.C.
â€œThere is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals.â€ Some wise man said that, a Judge I think.
“Some say Google is God. Others say Google is Satan. But if they think Google is too powerful, remember that with search engines unlike other companies, all it takes is a single click to go to another search engine.”
“Everywhere is walking distance if you’ve got the time.” – Steven Wright
“There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals” – Justice Felix FrankFurter
I still have friends who persist in pointing out how fantastic GIMP is. GIMP is not fantastic. GIMP is “free”; “Free” is not (contrary to popular belief) the same as “good”. Herpes, for instance, is generally free (unless you got it from a hooker or your ex-husband/wife, then you most likely paid for it one way or another). Herpes is generally not too useful for anything, people are usually not to happy about getting it and coincidentally, herpes flare-up is just about as erratic as GIMP’s stability.
- moJoe [Ref]
I think knowing what you’re talking about on IRC violates the RFC
- Peter Gildea
Trying to build a RAID array out of IDE drives is like auto racing Yugos. Sure, you can do it, but it doesn’t impress anyone and it’s not very fun to watch.
- David McNett
Nugget’s Law: 95% of the time when a Linux user says “Linux” they really mean “Unix”. The other 5% of the time they’re referring to an aspect that only applies to their particular distribution
Leto’s Corollary: 95% of the time when a Unix user says “Linux”, they really mean “RedHat”.
“To fear death, my friends, is only to think ourselves wise, without being wise: for it is to think that we know what we do not know. For anything that men can tell, death may be the greatest good that can happen to them: but they fear it as if they know quite well that it was the greatest of evils. And what is this but that shameful ignorance of thinking that we know what we do not know?” -Â Socrates